Now that the cold has set in, we are stuck indoors dreaming of springtime. What better time to hone ones culinary prowess. This short dorky video shows my take on the Herb Roasted Chicken. (Original Recipe Below the Video)
Herb and Lemon Chicken with Roast Vegetables
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme +5 Springs
4 tablespoons extra Virgin olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
The Zest of one lemon, save the lemon to stuff into the chicken!
Salt and fresh ground pepper
6 shallots, halved
3 carrots cut into long pieces no more than 1 inch thick
3 parsnips cut into long pieces no more than 1 inch thick
3 Russet Potatoes
1 (5 pound) roasting chicken
- Place roasting pan in oven and preheat to 450°F. Mix Thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss shallots with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and Pepper.
- Rinse chicken, patch dry. Rub mixture under skin of chicken, and cut lemon in half an place in cavity of chicken. Tuck wingtips under and tie legs with string. Place chicken in heated roasting pan, on the rack.
- Roast chicken for 20 min. Meanwhile, combine fingerlings, shallots, carrots, parsnips in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and five sprigs thyme.
- Very carefully remove chicken and rack, and place vegetables under the rack in roasting pan. Be sure that potatoes are flesh side down. Return chicken and rack to roasting pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F roast chicken until the juices run clear, about one additional hour. Lift chicken and tilt slightly, emptying juices from cavity into pan. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Place vegetables on a serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Carve the chicken after it is rested for 15 min. Place chicken pieces on platter with vegetables and serve.
Wow, looks amazing!
Looks Pretty Good 🙂